The 2nd Edition of my book was released digitally on September 25, 2017, with print copies shipping a few weeks later.
The 1st Edition was published in October, 2012.
Where to buy?
2nd Edition Resources
- Book Data and Code Notebooks: https://github.com/wesm/pydata-book
What's New in the 2nd Edition?
- Updated for Python 3.6
- Updated for latest pandas (0.20.3)
- Revamped intro chapters including abridged Python language tutorial, and introductions to Jupyter and IPython
- Reorganized pandas content to be digested more easily
- New "Advanced pandas" chapter
- New "Intro to Modeling Tools" chapter
- Data analysis examples collected and organized in a dedicated chapter
I have improved the clarity of the text and the explanations of concepts throughout. I also tried to remove any language that might make the reader feel like they aren't understanding something that they should otherwise ("just", "simply", "obviously", etc.).
- Chinese (No link available). 1st Edition is in print, 2nd Edition to appear later
- Polish (2nd Edition, Not yet published)